12 February 2012

Interlude ... 5-OH!

A Cat & His Poet


















... today i mark my 50th post on this blog/daily photo journal/poetry-haiku workshop. I've posted a picture (sometimes two, sometimes more) taken with my BlackBerry Tour everyday this year--with the exception of one sick day (i tried, but felt too crappy to post on January 9).

Fifty posts. Never mind that my Blogger Profile lists that i've been a member since 2004. I didn't really know how a blog worked (and i don't remember posting anything back then either), i just thought i should have one because i knew it was a place where writers wrote. In a way, i was anticipating my move from the pen and page to the laptop keys. It's been a gradual transition. But, i still carry a pocket-sized notebook and pen almost everywhere. It's a habit i hope i never lose.

Fifty posts. Cumulatively, in this blog's current incarnation. I can't say i remember any postings from 2004-2008. But there may have been (... surely they now travel in an alter-cyber galaxy far far away). From 2009-2010 i posted a total of maybe five times. Poems mostly. But i deleted them. During that time there were two things that would shape the nature of this blog: Facebook and my BlackBerry. Together they changed how i approached what to share and how to share it. I kept just one post from that period because it best represented what i wanted this blog to look like: a picture with some text uploaded from my BlackBerry directly to this site.

In the Fall of 2011 i knew i wanted a space "outside" the current social media where i could more freely share whatever i wanted to share. While doing a little research on my favorite small town in the big city, i came across one particular blog that served as a template for how i wanted my blog to look like (take a glimpse here). Not many of my friends even know i have this blog. And if i believe Blogger Stats to be accurate, i have a big following in Russia. Welcome global readers! I guess this way, for now, it feels as if i truly am writing in the pages of my own personal journal that only i see.

This blog has also gone through several name changes. "Hugo's Jazz" (2004-2009), "Estilo AmericaNO" (2009-2011), and presently, "... This Day To Live Fully". I've wondered if i will change it yet again in order to give visitors a more concrete description of my blog. I don't know. I do know that i want to keep this blog organic (and fair trade), growing and evolving as i, my art, grows and evolves. For now, i'm committed to uploading a pic daily--accompanied with a quote, a poem, haiku or tanka, a music link, or just my thoughts ... And i've been satisfied with the direction and with what i've shared so far. Hopefully i won't be unemployed much longer. I expect this blog to change then, we'll see.

Tlazocatmatli. Gracias. Obrigado. Salamat. Merci. Danke. Spasibo. Thank you everyone, anonymous followers, everywhere, for sharing in the journey.

[A Note: other than on the obvious profile pic, and on the introductory post from this year, pictures of the author in any posts will be a rare event ... unless, of course, accompanied by his cat.]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home