07 February 2012

Howlin' at the Moon


... February's full moon is known as the Snow Moon. It is also known as the Hunger Moon, as well as the Wolf Moon. And since we aint got snow in L.A. ( ... i could literally count the amount of raindrops we got today), for the sake of this post i'm going with Wolf Moon.

An overcast day would not hold back this month's full moon. I watched as the remaining clouds gave way to the light of tonight's rising Wolf Moon:
This FULL MOON represents a time of RESOLUTION. It is a time to express change through dynamic actions. The energy of this [WOLF MOON] is about CHANGING through simplifying and resolving stuck energy ... on this FULL MOON, we Make Declarations on what we have learned thus far and what we are ready to resolve about ourselves.*
In a way, this daily photo journal/haiku workshop-blog has been a kind of dynamic action on my part, exploring (r)evolutionary expression to get unstuck and find healing. It's been a year since I learned I would no longer be a student at CSU Long Beach, going on three months since i quit my job, and five months (to the moon) since my relationship of five-years came. to. an. end ...

I've learned the road back into academia will be a slow one (i've dug myself quite a hole ... but i know i'll climb out of that hole no matter what) and that i'm OK with that; that despite my confidence at landing a job it's an extremely brutal economy--still, i remain positive that a change is soon to come (i'm blessed with family members who've offered their assistance even though their money's tight); and that i'm no where near "over" her ...

Since it did not rain today, the roads are nice for a moonlight ride. If i had a car, i'd surely go for a drive, howlin' haikus at the moon, hungering for the sensation of your smile, baby, won't you ride with me tonight?

*Taken from Dr. Elena Esparza's Facebook event page.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home