02 January 2012

Introduction ... Welcome 2012

INT. GLENDALE, CA. MORNING
hugO, prior to stretching, lay on the floor in his bedroom, and posts his first Facebook message of the year from his BlackBerry, connected to its charger. His cat, Moon, observes.

"...Good Morning 2012: ancestors, who dreamed for us the beauty of this day and into us the consciousness for this new processional cycle. Thank You Creator for this shift of rhythm and breath; for the love and acceptance of family and friends; the healing company and lessons of our pets and all animal, tree, and plant relatives; for nourishment from all directions; for this day to live fully ... And now off for the second annual mother-son New Year's Day hike. Let's go 2012! Vamos ♥"

And so began 1 January, 2012 ... and so i re-launch this blog with a new name and purpose. Up until this  entry (and an edit or two of a verse here and there), my postings have been mobile uploads from my BlackBerry Tour: which features a 3.2 megapixel camera. I thought i would've upgraded to the iPhone 4S (with an 8 megapixel cam!) when my contract expired in August; however, quitting my job in November made me re-prioritize my finances. Should i just wait for the iPhone 5 (!) certainly due out this coming Fall?

I read somewhere about street photography that the best camera to use is the one in your hands at that moment. Until i am able to afford and decide which digital SLR is right for me, the best camera in my hands will be the one on my mobile phone.

The majority of the entries will still be mobile uploads--simply because i've always enjoyed the ability to do so. Still, there are times when the comfort of and tools available on my MacBook Pro will be more convenient--especially for edits and enhancements to text and image: very few things i write are ever final drafts; however, i would like to capture moments and i'll try to leave whatever accompanying text in it's original version.

In 2012, my intention to live this day fully is a (re)commitment to this blog and two of my great passions: poetry and photography. No, i'm probably not going to write a poem a day. I don't have those kind of chops ... yet. Some pictures can be poetic on their own without any accompaniment. I guess that's why i prefer instrumental versions of many a jazz standard over their vocal ones. This blog is also my version of a "jazz workshop": representing creativity, spirit, and growth. A place to find and develop my chops. An offering to the journey ...

Welcome


photo by my moms, Mt. Hollywood Trail,  01.01.12




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home