16 June 2012

Writer Cool Cat

Dos Gatos [February]



A quote that sums up this Cat Week:

"Cats are dangerous companions for writers because cat watching is a near-perfect method of writing avoidance." ~Dan Greenburg

... perhaps sometimes. Y'all already know it's been a slow week of mobile shooting and navigating through the rhythms and grind at Spring's end. But Cat Week is no excuse to simply lay back and shuffle through pics from the archive: I remind you of this quote.

I chose this pic--from my MacBook's webcam--to end Cat Week because it's like a "behind-the-scenes" still of this blog. (Here, the then-unemployed, yet smiling, blogger with his peaceful gato.) Whether i post directly from my BlackBerry or from my laptop, i'm usually sitting on the couch ... with Moon looking over my shoulder; and when he's not, he's taking up virtually the entire couch and i have to move a couple pillows and make myself comfortable somehow. He's my biggest critic, really, as you can tell. 

Summer's but a few days away and this blog's nearly at the half way point of daily offerings for this processional cycle. Grateful everyday in all ways ... here's to our four-legged companions that also remind us to live each day fully. 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home